Tyler Talbert focuses his practice on providing high-quality appellate advocacy to clients and support to trial attorneys. Tyler briefs and argues civil appeals in the Supreme Court of Texas, Texas intermediate appellate courts, and the 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
His experience includes sovereign immunity and pleas to the jurisdiction, derivative litigation, personal injury, contracts, employment, and injunctive relief. Tyler assists trial attorneys in all aspects, from writing and arguing summary judgment and post-judgment motions, providing guidance on error preservation, and drafting jury charges.
Before joining Scanes & Routh, Tyler garnered experience working at the trial and appellate levels, and eventually the Supreme Court of Texas. He joined the firm in 2013 after graduating cum laude from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. There he served as Managing Editor of his journal and participated in Moot Court all three years, winning the prestigious Richard R. Baxter Award for the best written brief in the Jessup Moot Court Competition.
Tyler received his undergraduate, with honors, from Baylor University in 2010. He is also a Waco native, growing up in the small community of Lorena. Tyler is married to Camille, an elementary school teacher; they reside in Hewitt and attend Redeemer Church, where they volunteer as teachers for children’s ministry. They have twin boys, Theodore & Thatcher.
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Probate Disputes and Will Contests
- Real Estate Litigation
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Cum laude; Managing Editor of Journal, Captain of Moot Court team.
- Baylor University
- Graduated with Honors; Captain of Model Organization of American States debate team.
Representative Case Experience
- Joy Worsdale et al. v. The City of Killeen, Texas, in the Supreme Court of Texas.
- JCB, Inc. v. The Horsburgh & Scott Company, in the Supreme Court of Texas.
- In re Swan Products, LLC – (Edward Brown), in the Tenth Court of Appeals (Waco).
- Texas Department of Transportation v. Jimmy Don Ives, in the Fifth Court of Appeals (Dallas).
- Sandra K. Bullard v. Rebecca Ann Stifflemire & Larry Stifflemire, in the Tenth Court of Appeals (Waco).
- Florida Metal Products Inc. and FLAMCO of Texas, Inc. v. Danny Kreder, in the Tenth Court of Appeals (Waco).
- Columbia Valley Healthcare System, L.P. d/b/a/ Valley Regional Medical Center v. A.M.A., a minor, by and through his mother, Ana Ramirez, as next friend, and Ana Ramirez, Individually, in the Thirteenth Court of Appeals (Edinburg).
- ZZ&Z Properties, LTD v. Sung Joon Jang & Sunmi A. Jang, in the Supreme Court of Texas.
- Texas Department of Transportation v. Albert Lara, Jr., in the Third Court of Appeals (Austin).
- Byron Harper v. PJC Air Conditioning d/b/a Rabroker Air Conditioning, in the Third Court of Appeals (Austin).
For news, updates, and opinions on Texas appellate happenings visit: Texas Appellate Updates